REVIEWING PROCEDURE IN “PEDAGOGIKA SPOŁECZNA” QUARTERLY
- The author sends the article to the editorial office by electronic means.
- At the beginning, the article is subject to a formal assessment in terms of:
a. completeness of documents: qestionnaire data, statements
b. conformity of formatting (formatting template) of the relevant text,
c. consistency of the article content with the profile of the journal.
- If the formal verification of the text is positive, the typescript is submitted to the Editorial Team. If the formal verification of the text is negative, the author is informed electronically.
- The Editorial Team, together with the Scientific Editorial Assistant, reads the submitted text and makes a decision on the allocation of two reviewers for each article. This is done according to the following principles:a. Reviewers come from outside the author’s parent entity,
b. Reviewers are experts in the subject matter discussed in the article,
c. Reviewers have the post-doctoral degree or PhD degree.
- A reviewer who does not feel competent in the subject matter discussed in the article or who is unable to meet the deadline for drawing up a review, shall immediately notify the Editorial Team so that the review can be drawn up in due time by another person.
- During the evaluation, the Editorial Team does not disclose any information about the article to anyone other than the author and reviewers.
- The text not containing any information indicating a particular author is submitted to selected reviewers, and the author is informed electronically about the fact that the article has been subject to the review procedure.
- Author and reviewers do not know their identity (double-blind review process).
- The list of reviewers is published in one of the issues of the Quarterly at least once a year.
- Each review shall be made in writing using the review form containing, among others, a general opinion/assessment of the article and a reviewer’s motion on whether or not the article should be allowed to be printed in the Quarterly.
- The review process takes into account the following criteria:
– subject of the article (in the profile of the Quarterly),
– scientific level of the article (referring to generally accepted criteria of discourse in the field of social sciences),
– originality, scientific innovation, communicativeness and precision of language,
– convincing documentation of arguments and conclusions in the paradigm of empirical and theoretical methodology.
- If the article does not meet these criteria, the Editorial Team may resign from publishing it.
- In case of a significant discrepancy between opinions of reviewers, the Editorial Team appoints a third reviewer whose opinion finalizes the article evaluation process.
- The author is informed electronically about the decision to publish the article, and in the case of a positive decision – about the planned date of publication of the article.
- In case when reviewers indicate the necessity to amend the text before its publication, the Editorial Team shall submit proposals for changes to the author.
- In case of a negative decision concerning the publication of an article, the unpublished material shall not be used by the Editorial Team.